Suman Bery takes cost as new NITI Aayog Vice Chairman
Suman Berry, an skilled economist took cost as the brand new NITI Aayog Vice Chairman on May 1, 2022. He succeeds Dr. Rajiv Kumar as the pinnacle of the federal government suppose tank.
Suman Berry’s appointment comes after the sudden resignation of former Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar on April 22. Rajiv Kumar’s tenure formally ended on April thirtieth. He had taken over the position of NITI Aayog Vice Chairman in August 2017 after the exit of the then Vice-Chairman Arvind Panagariya.
The new NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman Suman Berry mentioned, “Rajiv Kumar leaves me a dynamic organization with lots of fresh, young talent and strong links with stakeholders inside and outside the government.”
He continued by saying, “I am deeply honoured to have been entrusted with its charge at a time of great global uncertainty. NITI’s challenge is to develop a vision of the way ahead based on deep analysis and wide debate and to work with India’s states, which is where economic development ultimately happens. India’s economic and social choices are of significance to the entire world.”
Read Also: NITI Aayog Vice Chairman 2022: Rajiv Kumar steps down, Suman Okay Bery appointed as new Vice Chairman
Who is Suman Berry?
- Suman Berry had beforehand served as Director General (Chief Executive) of the National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER).
- He additionally served because the Chief Economist of Royal Dutch Shell.
- He was part of the Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council and Statistical Commission.
- He was additionally part of the Reserve Bank of India’s Technical Advisory Committee on Monetary Policy.
- Before working on the National Council of Applied Economic Research, he was working with the World Bank in Washington DC.
- His key work space on the World Bank included monetary markets, the macroeconomy and public debt administration with a particular deal with Latin America.
- He has additionally labored because the Senior Visiting Fellow on the Centre for Policy Research in New Delhi and a non-resident fellow at Bruegel, Brussels.
- He has additionally served as a Global Fellow on the Woodrow Wilson Center, Washington DC and on the Board of the Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation, New Delhi.
NITI Aayog was arrange in 2015 to exchange the Planning Commission. It serves as an apex public coverage suppose tank of the Indian Government.
It is the nodal company tasked with catalyzing financial growth and fostering cooperative federalism by way of the involvement of state governments.
It is primarily chargeable for designing strategic and long-term coverage and programme frameworks and initiatives, and monitor their progress and their efficacy.
Read Also: Weekly Current Affairs Questions and Answers: 25 April to 1 May 2022
Take Weekly Tests on app for examination prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐप