Written by Sharangee Dutta, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday laid the inspiration stone of Noida International Airport in Uttar Pradesh’s Gautam Buddh Nagar district close to Jewar. During his handle on the venue, PM Modi stated that after seven many years of India’s independence, Uttar Pradesh is lastly getting what it deserves.
Hailing the double-engine Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) authorities in state and the Centre, PM Modi stated that Uttar Pradesh is rising because the “most connected region in the country.”
PM Modi stated that the Noida International Airport will turn out to be the logistical gateway of north India, and could have direct connectivity to a devoted freight hall.
Also Read | ‘Ganna or Jinnah’: Yogi’s jibe forward of polls at Noida Airport inauguration
He added that infrastructure for BJP just isn’t nationwide politics however a part of the nationwide coverage, and that it tries to make sure that initiatives are completed on time and don’t get “stuck” or “hang” or “go astray”.
Here are some key information about the Noida International Airport:
- The airport will be the fourth international airport in Uttar Pradesh besides the ones in Kushinagar, Varanasi and Lucknow that are already functional in the state.
- The airport is being built by the Yamuna International Airport Pvt Ltd (YIAPL) in close partnership with the Uttar Pradesh government and the Government of India.
- The project cost of the Jewar airport is ₹30,000 crore. The first phase of the project will cost ₹4,600 crore during which as many as two runways shall be constructed over greater than 1300 hectares. In the second part, 5 runways and one upkeep centre shall be developed over 5,800 hectares.
- The airport owing to its strategic location will cater to individuals in most north Indian states and the National Capital Region (NCR), together with Aligarh, Agra, Delhi, Ghaziabad and Noida, amongst others.
- The improvement of the Noida International Airport is anticipated to be accomplished by September 2024.
- The Jewar Airport would be the first of its sort to be construct with the built-in multimodel cargo hub plan, which is able to assist to avoid wasting time of journey and likewise make logistical functioning extra handy. During his handle, PM Modi stated that the airport will velocity up the method of exportation and likewise items reaching overseas markets.
- The Noida International Airport shall be positioned 72km from Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport, and solely 40km from Noida
Get our Daily News Capsule
Thank you for subscribing to our Daily News Capsule