Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope has hinted that the state is mulling easing restrictions. The state may allow businesses to open and fully vaccinated people to travel. A final decision will, however, be taken only by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, Tope said before a meeting called by the CM with the state Covid-19 task force.
Here is what you can expect:
- Relaxation on weekends is likely. Only Sunday will be completely shut.
- Local train travel will be allowed for those who have taken both Covid vaccine doses.
- Ease in restrictions in 25 district
- Cinema halls likely to be opened
- Shops, hotels, gym timings will be increased beyond 4 pm to 8-9 pm.
Maharashtra Cabinet Minister and Guardian Minister of Mumbai, Aslam Shaikh, said the Covid-19 task force has submitted its recommendations over relaxations in the state to Thackeray. Those who have taken both doses of COVID vaccine should be allowed to travel and open their businesses, he said.
Read all the Latest News, Breaking News and Coronavirus News here