Prime Minister Narendra Modi will on Saturday lay the muse stone for the 594-kilometre lengthy six-lane Ganga Expressway from Shahjahanpur in Uttar Pradesh. Built at a price of greater than ₹36,200 crore, it would change into the longest expressway within the state.
In a significant enhance in direction of the socio-economic improvement of the area, the Ganga Expressway is ready so as to add to Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP’s) improvement narrative forward of the essential Uttar Pradesh meeting elections subsequent 12 months.
According to the assertion launched by the Prime Minister’s Office, the expressway is being constructed on PM Modi’s imaginative and prescient to supply quick paced connectivity throughout the nation.
Here’s all you might want to learn about Ganga Expressway:
- With a funds of over ₹36,200 crore, the muse stone of the 594-kilometre lengthy expressway will probably be laid at 1pm on Saturday in Shahjahanpur.
- Starting close to the Bijauli village in Meerut, the expressway will lengthen until close to Judapur Dandu village in Prayagraj by way of Meerut, Hapur, Bulandshahr, Amroha, Sambhal, Budaun, Shahjahanpur, Hardoi, Unnao, Rae Bareli, and Pratapgarh.
- It could have a 3.75-metre large service highway for easy commute of residents dwelling in close by villages.
- Further, there will probably be 9 public comfort centres, seven railway overbridges, 14 main and 126 minor bridges in addition to 381 underpasses on the expressway.
- The expressway can even have a 3.5-kilometre lengthy air-strip for helping emergency take-off and touchdown of Air Force planes in Shahjahanpur.
- An industrial hall is proposed to be constructed alongside the Ganga Expressway to offer a fillip to a number of sectors together with industrial improvement, commerce, agriculture, tourism and so forth.
- Upon completion of labor, it would change into the longest expressway of Uttar Pradesh, with direct connectivity to the nationwide capital area to the japanese areas of the state. The expressway can also be mentioned to change into the longest within the nation, as claimed by the UP authorities.
- The Ganga Expressway is ready to cut back the journey time between Delhi and Prayagraj to only 7 hours.
- Earlier this 12 months, the Prime Minister inaugurated the Purvanchal Expressway and laid the muse stone for Noida International Airport in UP’s Jewar.
- The expressway was accepted on November 26, 2020, and will probably be prepared for commute by 2024.
Get our Daily News Capsule
Thank you for subscribing to our Daily News Capsule