Nykaa Founder and CEO Falguni Nayar gained the EY Entrepreneur of the Year award on April 12, 2022.
Current Affairs in Short: 13 April 2022
IAF, IIT Madras signal MoU for developmental initiatives
- The Indian Air Force and IIT Madras signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on April 13, 2022 for varied developmental initiatives to help the necessities of the IAF.
- The MoU was signed by Air Commodore S Bahuja, Command Engineering Officer (Systems) and others at Air Force Station, Tughlakabad, Delhi.
US prone to announce USD 750 million new army help for Ukraine
- The United States is prone to announce a brand new army help bundle for Ukraine price USD 750 million.
- Under the brand new help bundle, the US is about to increase the scope of weapons it’s offering to Ukraine and is seeking to switch a spread of refined gear together with armoured Humvees.
- The new help bundle follows the USD 1.7 billion of help offered to Ukraine by the US earlier after Russia launched its army operation on February 24.
- The preliminary plans embody sending coastal defence drones and protecting fits to safeguard personnel within the occasion of a chemical, organic or nuclear assault. It is although not sure that each one this stuff shall be included within the closing bundle.
WTO downgrades international GDP development forecast in 2022 to 2.8 %
- The World Trade Organization (WTO) has downgraded its forecast for international GDP development in Financial Year 2022 to 2.8 % from the beforehand predicted 4.1 %.
- The world GDP is predicted to develop by 2.8% in 2022, down by 1.3 proportion factors from the earlier forecast, as per WTO report.
- The report said that the worldwide GDP development ought to choose as much as 3.2 % in 2023, near the typical charge of three.0% between 2010 and 2019.
- The decline within the GDP of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), excluding Ukraine, shall be 7.9 % with regional imports anticipated to drop 12 % consequently. The CIS exports will not be predicted to be affected by the disaster in Ukraine, as per WTO.
Over 1000 Ukrainian troopers surrendered in Mariupol, says Russian Defence Ministry
- The Russian Defence Ministry mentioned in a press release on April 13, 2022 that over a thousand Ukrainian troopers surrendered in Mariupol, a strategic port metropolis in Eastern Ukraine.
- A complete of 1026 Ukrainian servicemen of the thirty sixth Marine Brigade voluntarily laid down their arms, as per the Russian Ministry. Mariupol has been beneath siege by Russian troops for over a month.
Nykaa CEO Falguni Nayar wins EY Entrepreneur of the Year award
- Nykaa Founder and CEO Falguni Nayar gained the EY Entrepreneur of the Year award on April 12, 2022.
- She will now symbolize India on the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Award, which is scheduled to be held on June 9, 2022.
- Biocon Chairperson Kiran Mazumdar Shaw had gained the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Award final 12 months.
UIDAI, ISRO ink pact for technical collaboration
- The Unique Identification Authority Of India has signed an settlement with the National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) for a technical collaboration. The UIDAI points the Aadhaar card.
- The NRSC shall be creating ‘Bhuvan-Aadhar’ portal that can present info and areas of the Aadhaar centres throughout India.
- The portal will even present a facility to go looking the related Aadhaar centres by location, primarily based on residents’ necessities.